Sunday, June 8, 2008

Yanacoto!

Well, the last 24 hours were pretty interesting. I went out after my post last night and did more dancing than I should of. My fellow volunteers are a pretty fun lot and I got roped into doing some very bad salsa or something along those lines because I can´t say no to a pretty face. So, I didn´t get the sleep my body is craving last night either, but I will at some point, probably next weekend.
Today we walked to the Peace Corps training center in Chaclacayo, which, along with the title of the post (which I´ll get to later) is a suburb of sorts of Lima. We did a couple more talking sessions, including a very informative one by current volunteers, and then we broke for lunch to learn a bit about our host families before we met them. Mine, the Sebastianos, is very nice and accomodating, and I think that I struck the mother lode once again with host families as my room is very nice and sizable and it looks like I will be getting internet as well, which can´t be too common. This is because they own an internet cafe and my room is just a couple of doors down from it. I´ll be doing dinner here before too long, which will most likely be delicious, and then I´ll settle down for some much needed rest (and unpacking).

2 comments:

Oberst von Berauscht said...

Very cool to hear that you are going to be fairly connected to the internets. I look forward to reading about your exploits

Unknown said...

in a nut shell, what will be be doing in Peru and with the Peace Corp.