Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goodbye USA!

Hey all,

Tomorrow is my last day in the USA. I will be flying out at 5pm and should be in Lima 5 and a half hours later. Craziness...
Today I had some very long and informative training sessions that would have been aided by coffee on my part. I also got to eat at a hole in the wall Cuban restaurant for lunch whre everyone only spoke Spanish and had a cuban sandwich for dinner, so I feel that my Miami cuisine requirements are fulfilled. At night I went to Miami's South Beach (technically the hotel is in Coral Gables). It has a pretty retro 550's night club kind of feel and is pretty cool. I think I was more impressed by the look of Miami's downtown, although I didn't get to walk around there. Me and a couple new friends of mine went out on the beach, wet our toes, and lit up genuine Cuban-rolled cigars. That was a pretty neat experience and was a nice nightcap.
Well, I'll be off to training outside Lima before too long and should probably get some sleep. Everyone keep in touch and I'll try to stay regular with these posts.

2 comments:

Oberst von Berauscht said...

Good luck on your first few days in the Corps. Don't drink the bathwater, but if you find yourself in Guyana, I hear-tell the Kool Aid is killer!


(sorry)

Henry J Fromage said...

Indeed ´tis. I´ll have to pick some up...