Saturday, February 7, 2009

Quick Update

Well this morning has been a mixed bag already. Last night I got woke up by a dude claiming I was sleeping in his bed. Apparently the hostel overbooked our dorm and his idea of reserving a place was pulling back the covers and leaving a piece of scrap paper on the bed. Not exactly the international way to communicate that, but we got it sorted out and I still got some much-needed bed rest.
I also didn´t get to go to Uruguay as planned. Having done the ferry thing across the Aegean, I expected that a river crossing would have stuff available day-of, but I underestimated the huge number of people that do this crossing every day. It was sold out, of course, but when I got to the internet I discovered that my luggage was found and should have gotten in last night. I´m waiting at the hostel right now for it to show up as they said they would be sending it this morning and then I´m heading straight to Iguazu. It sucks to have lost Uruguay but I gain a day this way and avoid a hostel expense, so provided my luggage actually does show up (with my current luck a less-than-certain proposition) I will have made out alright in the end. Oh, and rereading my last post I realize it is less than coherent in places (was pretty all-around pissed off at that point) and that I put thousands of years down where hundreds is much, much more correct...

2 comments:

Oberst von Berauscht said...

see my post on your previous entry. Hope tomorrow brings you more Luck!

Henry J Fromage said...

Yeps, although it was a backhanded blessing... as I´ll write about now.