Sunday, September 21, 2008

Work and such

Hello all,

Here´s my first promised update, although I have to pound this out at the internet café instead of on my computer (just worked through some virus issues) so it won´t be as detailed as I hope to get in the future.
What I´ve been up to lately is revisiting the capital to fix the new computer and talk to a university about giving citizenship chats to my high school, a whole lot of teaching (including in their version of kindergarten now... I´ll have to brush up my nursery song knowledge), and the new addition of a radio show. The town offered me an hour every day on their FM radio station which I´ll use to introduce some international news to the town, talk about community and health issues, and three days a week play some world music (I´ve certainly got enough to fill an hour a day for several years...). I´m going to start getting pretty busy here before too long, but that is exactly what I wanted and is refreshing. I´ve been reading two books a week lately, so as much as I like it hopefully that´ll slacken as I´ve got more and more meaningful tasks to fulfill.
Well, this was criminally short, but I´ve got quite a bit to do. Keep posted for the meatier stuff coming up...

1 comment:

Craig said...

Whats up sorry it has taken me so long to write you. I promise you that i have been reading as much as i can. And i talk to your brother and mom every once in a while. I is great to see that you are having a good time. It stinks that you don't get a toilet seat, but you will probably get used to it. It is not that you are the only one without one. We all miss you and every time Mike comes over we check out you profile. The architecture is beautiful in all of the pictures. We also were thinking one night that we wanted to save up money and come visit you. But even as much as we miss you we are BROKE. But anyways on my front i have got a new job at Cat and i like it. Also the Riverstation in reopening so i am going to work there again. But that is enough about me. It again is great to hear that you are having a good time and i hope to hear from you soon,