Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I´m here!

Hello all,

Well, I´m now in my site in the Colca Canyon. I still don´t have a family, which isn´t good, but I´ll survive until I can find one. I´m hoping it gets taken care of within the next three weeks, and am confident it should be. For the next three days we have Fiestas Patrias here so I won´t work much. There will be bullfighting, traditional dances, a beauty pageant (unfortunately none of the contestants live here- young women appear to ditch at first opportunity... small town living), and plenty of music and food. I also found out that there is internet only an hour walk away, and possibly in my town. But I still don´t have cell signal. You can´t have everything I guess...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, without a family, how are you living? Do they put you up somewhere like a Motel?

Henry J Fromage said...

Yeah, pretty much. It´s a kind of run-down community-run hotel, but it isn´t treating me too bad...