Thursday, July 24, 2008

More Updates

Hello all,

Just wanted to touch on my birthday yesterday. It went off in the typical Peruvian fashion, BYOB with a lot of music and everybody getting fed around 9pm. We were out pretty late, which is why I´m heading to bed pretty quick here, but I definitely had a lot of fun and couldn´t ask for a better group of aspirantes (fellow trainees) to have celebrated it with.
This part is for my Dad, and other baseball fans. Sorry we got cut off on the phone, it isn´t 100% reliable here, but usually pretty good (ditto for whoever else called me last night and got cut off before I got there- technical problems...). So Joe Blanton got moved to the Phillies for righthander Josh Outman, 2B Adrian Cardenas, and OF Matt Spencer. Cardenas is the real name here, and should get to battle with Patterson next year for that 2B job. Some folks have called him Utley lite, but I think that´s pushing it a little. I see somebody more like Robinson Cano without as much of the average. Still, not too shabby. Arizona got Tony Clark back for a fairly nondescript pitcher and Jon Rauch for 2B speedster Emilio Bonifacio- think Luis Castillo- who´s apparently a pretty sure thing. Lastly, the Astros got Randy Wolf for P Chad Reineke, who´s a so-so kind of prospect. Not sure why they did that, as their chances of even getting a wild card are pretty slim. When you´re battling the Cardinals and two teams who just added the likes of Rich Harden and C.C. Sabathia, you really need to do better than a barely average free agent to be...

No comments: